Monday, April 26, 2010

In the KL

It's late and I'm tired, so just a quick note to say that I made it out of the jungle alive (although the mozzies did try to do me in). Originally Rowan and I were going to go to Jerantut, just an hour and a half south of where we were in Kuala Tahan and then head to Kuala Lumpur tomorrow. But at the last minute we decided to make the whole trip today since it was only another 3 1/2 hours to KL.

The first thing I saw as we pulled into the city was the Petronas Towers all lit up and looking like crystal dripping chandeliers. Very cool. I said to Row, "Ahhh. We're back in a city!" His response? "It looks big and scary." Oh, alright. He didn't say those exact words, but he does think a city of 1 1/2 million is huge and he doesn't like it very much. Hmmm. This travel partnership may not last much longer. . .

3 comments:

  1. I bet he might actually like Singapore, though. It may be big, but I hear it is super-clean and very safe. Assuming you ARE going to Singapore next/soon. It seems to be the next logical destination. And you're gonna have to explain what mozzies are because I have no clue. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm curious about what mozzies are as well!!
    I have always pictured you as a city girl, and never expected to find you in a jungle.Love ya, GG

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol! Mozzies = mosquitoes.

    ToadMama - Yes, Singapore is next up on the itinerary, although I only intend to spend 2-3 days there.

    Grandma - You are absolutely correct! I am a city girl through and through! :-)

    ReplyDelete