Friday, July 26, 2013

Yesterday's sunset

When you last heard from me, I was on my way to an icy beer and a sunset. Here's some of what I captured (and, in case you need a reminder, all of my photos get posted on my Flickr page):


I feel like I've been on a quest for that most glorious of sunsets for most of this trip. Most of my attempts have been thwarted by rain or clouds (I am traveling during the rainy season, after all). This one has come the closest, but I'd have liked if the island was positioned a bit differently to see more of what gets hidden by the western side of the island. That's not asking too much, is it? :-)

Tomorrow I take the early ferry (6:20am, ugh) back to La Ceiba to make my way southwest towards the middle of the country, to a place called Lago de Yojoa. The lake is home to over 400 species of birds (too bad I'm not a huge birdwatcher!) and is near coffee plantations, caves, waterfalls, and national parks. After spending a few days there, I'd like to head further south to Isla el Tigre, but I'm still working out the logistics of getting to and staying on a not particularly highly visited island.

Happy weekend everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment