Saturday, July 3, 2010

Travel FAIL

I don't know if you all have heard about FAIL Blog, but it was the first thing I thought of when I experienced a major travel FAIL this week (this, of course, after my minor travel FAIL, also this week).


On Monday, I booked a ticket from Melbourne to Christchurch, New Zealand on 8 July.


On Wednesday, I booked the exact same ticket. Because I FORGOT that I had already booked it. I mean, it was only a difference of two days. How could I have forgotten??


Of course it was a non-refundable ticket, those are always the cheapest ones. I figured I'd call the airline and see if they'd have pity on me. I thought that even if they didn't refund it, perhaps I could use it as credit on another flight without penalty. My explanation kind of went like this: "You see, I've been traveling for 10 months. I must be getting tired. My brain is mush."


And. . .it worked! The airline refunded the second ticket I purchased which was actually the more expensive ticket. All's well that ends well, I suppose, but let's hope I don't make this mistake again because I don't think the airline would buy it a second time!

1 comment:

  1. That's awesome! Not the FAIL, but an airline that would refund a non-refundable ticket for any reason.. There is hope left for the world after all.

    ReplyDelete