Friday, July 9, 2010

What's left of the plan

I made it to New Zealand! I'm officially on the other side of the planet from home!

I was g-chatting with ToadMama the other day and she commented that she enjoyed seeing my "map points getting closer and closer to North America" on the tracker map. It made me realize that I haven't updated anyone with my itinerary recently, so I thought I'd do that now. 

I will be in New Zealand for seven or eight weeks, spending the majority of my time on the northern island, most likely in Auckland (the biggest city in NZ). From there I will spent about two weeks in Fiji before heading back to the States (flying in to San Francisco). I haven't quite decided how much time to spend in California. Part of me really wants to do a two week driving tour of the California coast and also hit up Napa and Sonoma valleys for more wine tastings. But the other part of me knows that California isn't going anywhere and I can do that trip any time. So, it's still up in the air, but either way I'll spend at least a few days in San Fran before heading back to B-more.

And there you have it, what's left of my plan. Is anyone else kind of amazed that after all this time, there's only weeks left to my trip instead of months? I know I am. 

5 comments:

  1. Amazed and happy sums up my thoughts well. Love ya.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Time for your return is drawing near which brings to mind the following thought:

    Where did I leave that little car of yours...

    :-)

    Love ya and looking forward to seeing you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Getting more and more excited as the days go by!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, it seems like a very short time ago that you were telling me about your travel plan as we were eating dinner and you're almost home! I stand in awe of your travel skills - really!
    Cyndy

    ReplyDelete
  5. i can't believe that you only have a few weeks left!!

    ReplyDelete