Monday, June 22, 2009

Friends in far away places

I mentioned the other day that when I traveled to Mexico earlier this year, I'd met this cool British couple. Mexico was one of their last stops before they headed home (I think they hit California after that). They'd been to Thailand, Malaysia, Australia, and New Zealand before that. I didn't grill them too much about their experience(s) at the time. . .I didn't want to scare them off, after all.

But they are home now and settling back in to "normal" life, and the three of us have exchanged a number of emails over the last few days. Since they're the only people I've ever met who've done a trip like the one I'm planning, I wanted to hear from the horse's mouth what it was all about. And you know what? I didn't think it was possible, but I just may be even more excited than I was before.

The Brits (until I hear from them that they're cool with me mentioning them by name, I'll just have to refer to them in a variety of other ways) went to all the places that I'm planning to visit and they had all kinds of recommendations. Some of the images I've seen so far are so freakin' beautiful, I could cry. Don't believe me? Go to Flickr and search Railay Bay, Thailand.

This picture was taken by flydime:
This one by Melosh:
And this one of Koh Phangan by Darcy McCarty:

See what I mean? Are you crying yet, or is it just me?

No comments:

Post a Comment