Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Another to do list update

Things are moving right along. There are officially only 49 days left til I leave, so I thought I'd provide another update on my to do list. (By the way, didja notice that I found another countdown gadget thing-y? I don't like this one as much, but at least it seems to be working.)

- Almost all health related items are taken care of. I still have a dentist appointment this week, but that's the last of the doctors' visits. Travel insurance will be taken care of by the end of this week, too.

- Travel plans have been discussed with my bank. I never knew it was as easy as going online, accessing your account, and indicating via a quick and easy tab/pull down menu/button that you will be on vacation. At my bank you can only do this in three month increments, so I'll have to make sure that I remember to do this once I'm on the road, but it's a pretty simple process. I also applied for and received my backup second credit card. The one I got gives triple points for travel and lodging - which I plan to be doing a lot of! - so that's a bonus.

- I downloaded Skype and created my account. If any of you Firefox users out there decide to also do this, let me save you a headache. The download adds an automatic Skype extension add-on to the Firefox browser. This is bad, very bad, because it slows down Gmail (and pretty much everything else you're trying to do) to dial-up modem days of slowness. It's fixed, though, by simply disabling the add-on. If you need help with the specifics of how to do this, just let me know.

- One thing not on my original list: I have to get my driver's license renewed before I leave. Not that I expect to need it while I'm gone, but it expires while I'm away and I'd kinda like to be able to use it without any hassle when I return.

This is all pretty mundane (but still necessary) stuff. I hope it doesn't make for boring reading over the next <<<49!!>>> days because most of the interesting pre-trip stuff is (essentially) done now.

No comments:

Post a Comment