Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Connections

I’ve seen connections before between my life now and what my life will be like over the next year as I travel. I was thinking about it more over the weekend that I spent with V.


She and I met under, well, let’s say some awkward and, at times, uncomfortable conditions. Yet over the past year, I’ve grown in ways that probably wouldn’t have happened had I not met her. She practically forced me to participate in Halloween (my least favorite holiday) and I actually had fun. V is a yoga instructor and she taught me the reasons for the om; I can now om with abandon whereas before I wouldn’t even try it. These are just small examples, but I can say that as our friendship has developed, I’ve gained new perspective on various aspects of my life and the world around me due in no small part to the conversations we’ve had.


Now that I’ve gushed and probably made her blush lol, on to the connection. I anticipate that I will find myself in a number of awkward, uncomfortable, or unusual situations while I’m traveling. I’ll be pushed out of my comfort zone and my outlook on things may be challenged. If you had asked me a year ago what I thought I’d learn or get out of my relationship with V, I wouldn’t have even ventured a guess. If you ask me a year from now if I’d ever have been able to imagine all that I’d get out of traveling, I hope my answer is no, I got so much more out of it than I ever thought possible. I’m looking forward to it.

1 comment:

  1. You sweetheart! I'm very touched and have said many times to many people how grateful that we met and have continued our friendship. I've learned just as much from you as you have from me and I know you've got everything you need to make this trip a rewarding, fulfilling experience.

    ReplyDelete