Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Just kidding

Alright, fooled ya, I was convinced to stay in Athens one more night, so I'm not actually writing this from Thessaloniki right now. I switched my train to tonight, instead, and I'll do Thessaloniki tomorrow and head to Istanbul tomorrow night. Remember what I said about wanting to keep things flexible? :-)

Last night my host, Evangelos, took me to Lycabettus Hill on his motorbike. Lycabettus Hill is the highest point in Athens and I actually hadn't been there yet. I figured I wasn't really missing much, but I was definitely wrong.
From Lycabettus you get a 360 degree view of the city. My pictures are horribly blurry because my camera really doesn't do great night shots, but you get the idea. St. George Cathedral is on this hill and I think I got a pretty good shot of it:I still have about 10 hours until I have to catch my train tonight, so I'm going to wander a bit, see if there's any more pictures I can take, maybe chill out with coffee and a book in a cafe. Then, tonight (for sure!) - sleeping on a train.

No comments:

Post a Comment