Friday, October 23, 2009

Paybacks

At some times in the last couple of days, I've thought this lovely city might be out to get me.
I've had enough little frustrations and missteps that it's almost like Athens is saying, "ha ha, you should have just decided to come here in the first place! how dare you make us a b-list destination?!"

Athens is incredibly beautiful and it has a completely different feel to it than either BCN or Prague.
Also, the people I've met here so far have been great, but man are they gonna be the death of me! As I mentioned before, I've been leaving in the morning when my host leaves. He picks me up after work and we meet out with people for dinner, drinks, and good ol' Greek debauchery. We don't get home until sometime between midnight and 2am and then do it all over again the next day. And all of this without my beloved Barcelona siesta in the middle of the day! I have no idea how they do it.

So, in case you haven't figured it out, all of my Athens pics are now posted. :-)


2 comments:

  1. I figured that out last night. They are very cool. I hope those folks don't wear you down too much. Athens does look beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow!! shan it must be nice to be young,
    but how does your host stay out all night
    and get up for work the next day?

    ReplyDelete