Monday, November 30, 2009

It's official!

Yesterday after Skyping with my parents, I went to the post office to check on the status of my visa application for India. (The Indian population in Dubai is so high that they have a visa services center within one of the main post offices. You don't even have to go to an embassy or consulate to apply.) And. . .approved! Yay! I don't have the actual visa in my hands yet; it is to be mailed to me (along with the return of my passport) either today or tomorrow. I'll be booking my flight today to depart for Mumbai on 5 December. The plan had always been to spend a month in India, so if that holds true, I will be there for my birthday, Christmas, and New Year's before I move on to the next destination. Of course, there's been a LOT of changes to my itinerary in the last six weeks, so don't hold me to it! :-)

So - I am VERY excited that I actually get to go to India. For awhile there I was worried that it wasn't going to happen. But now I have to get to work! I have to get a guidebook, book the flight, and start working on accommodations. 

5 comments:

  1. Congrats!

    I know how much you've been looking forward to India.

    Love,
    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woo hoo! Awesome! I know how excited you are. It was great seeing you yesterday. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! I am glad you get to go there, I can't wait to hear all about it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm really glad you get to go to India!! I
    know you really wanted to go. I hope you get
    to meet as many great people there as you have
    in Daubi. So far, I think, all the pics you've
    taken, the one's of Daubi are the most coolest
    and the most beautiful!.

    Try not to party to hard the last few day's
    there. I know it will be hard, cause your friend's won't let you,but do let them all know that I am so glad they opened up there
    heart's to you the way they all have!.

    love you!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everyone for all of your well wishes. It seems like you all are almost as excited as I am. :-) And Tiff, comin' outta the woodworks to comment! Glad to hear from you, girl.

    ReplyDelete