Monday, June 28, 2010

Laziness reigns

So, I'm really loving Sydney. In a lot of ways it reminds me of the Pacific Northwest, an area that I would move to in a heartbeat. I've been enjoying walking around, checking out the neighborhoods of Kings Cross, Chinatown, Darling Harbour, and others that I don't remember the names of. We've really just been taking it kind of easy. After a month of traveling, Will seems to be growing weary of it and has been happy doing a whole lot of nothing for his last few days here before he heads to San Francisco to start his new job. 
(Not a great shot of the Sydney Harbour, but I was digging the way the clouds looked.)

(The Sydney Tower there in the middle.)
There hasn't been much to talk about since our day of symphony and soccer. We've gone to the grocery store so that we could save money by not eating out and I've really enjoyed being in the kitchen and cooking again (even with the bare bones facilities that the hostel offers). And, actually, just doing a whole lot of nothing saves money, too. Besides the neighborhood wandering, we're also doing a lot of reading, card playing, travel related research online, movie watching, and Nintendo DS playing (well, Will is anyway). 

So that's about it. On Tuesday the 29th Will heads to San Fran and the day after that I head to Melbourne. I'm also finalizing plans to move on from Australia, but more on that later.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shan, I've never seen this person kristain77.
    Do you know this person? Sounds like you and Will had some nice last days together. I guess Will is moving to San Francisco? Do you have any plans on seeing him again?

    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete