Friday, July 17, 2009

I think I am actually, truly, seriously considering this

I want to get my hair cut before my trip. Right now my hair is long and I blow dry it every day. I won't be taking a hairdryer in my pack, so I started thinking about shorter, more low maintenance cuts. It's also going to be hot in the tropics, another reason to get the hair off my neck.

I was joking around with a friend the other day about this when he said, "Why don't you just shave it off?" Ha, ha, funny, right? Well, but actually, ever since I saw Natalie Portman's 'do in V for Vendetta I've wondered if it was a look I could pull off.

A couple of examples for you:



Can I really be considering this? I know that men, for the most part, dig women with long hair. I also know that the women who hear that argument against short hair from men will reply that men aren't the ones who have to style/maintain/"deal with" their hair. But I would be doing this for me and not for anyone else. Do I have the guts to go through with it and would I be able to pull it off? I have no idea, but yes, I am actually, truly, seriously considering it.

1 comment:

  1. While I said that I would support your RTW journey, I'm not looking at this proposed hairstyle favorably. I'll even take that red stuff before the GI Jane look.

    Very short is one thing and I can see that. Bald? BALD!?!?

    More bizarre than I care for. If you do decide to do this nonsense, please, PLEASE! Wait until after you depart and wear a hat in all your pics home.

    You didn't think that I would react in any other way, did you?

    Still love you :-)

    daD

    ReplyDelete