Friday, July 31, 2009

On taking a break

The excitement of booking the first leg of my trip earlier this week, seemed reason enough to take a brief break from trip planning. Well, that, and the fact that I was visiting friends in New Jersey again. This isn't to say that I didn't talk about the trip...that would be crazy. :-)

(As an aside: These days I recognize that the trip seems to be the only thing I have to talk about - I am eating, sleeping, and breathing it, after all - so I try to consciously not talk about it too much unless people ask first. Lucky for them, they asked. But if you're someone I talk to regularly and I'm starting to make you insane with a trip tangent, just let me know. I can't help it.)

Anyway, for the first time in I don't know how long, three whole days went by that I did nothing related to travel. No research, no travel blog reading, no planning, nothing. It was weird, but I think it was also just what I needed. After the adrenaline rush the other day, it took a few days to recover. I'm back now, though, refreshed and ready to tackle things again.

No comments:

Post a Comment